In early 2011, the BBC broadcast and excellent documentary program entitled, 10 Things You Need To Know About Losing Weight. If you are in the UK, you can find this program on the BBC iPlayer, and you will be very glad that you did. In summary, the program demonstrated that The 10 things that you need to know about losing weight are:
1. Don’t skip meals.
2. Use a smaller plate
3. Count calories
4. Don’t blame your metabolism
5. Protein staves off hunger pangs
6. Soups keep you feeling fuller for longer.
7. The wider the choice of foods the more you eat.
8. Low-fat dairy helps you excrete more fat.
9. Exercise continues burning fat, even while you sleep.
10. Keep moving and lose weight.
One of the items covered in the program was the demonstration of how it is possible to eat much more and actually lose weight. This is the holy grail of weight loss - a method by which to avoid hunger and always feel full. This can be achieved by comparing the calorie loading of different food. For example, a decent roast dinner contains the same number of calories as a packet of chips and a chocolate bar.
Check out the program via the BBC website.