Here is a quick list of health problems that can be brought about from being overweight. These are the problems that people will often live in denial of, much like smokers will live in denial of the reality of their risks of a horrible and early death from lung disease.
- liver failure
- nearly all forms of cancer, especially bowel of breast cancers.
- orthopaedic problems, especially with the back, hips and knees.
- cardiovascular disease, heart attacks, heart valve failure, heart failure
- cerebral stroke
- multi-organ failure
- skin ulcers
- all forms of infection
- limb amputation through poor circulation
- blindness through retinopathy
There are more, lots more. This is just the start.